ICAPS 2023 Call for Tutorial Proposals:
The Organizing Committee for the 33rd International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS 2023) invites proposals for its Tutorial Program. Tutorials offer the attendees a review of a specific subfield by a leading expert. Participation in the tutorials is free for all ICAPS participants.
The tutorial (and workshop) programs will comprise several concurrent events held in the two-day period before the plenary sessions of the conference. Tutorial registration is free for ICAPS participants.
We welcome tutorial proposals in all areas related to AI planning and scheduling (P&S), and highly encourage topics that have not appeared in recent ICAPS tutorials. We accept both introductory tutorials, and more advanced tutorials covering recent advances in depth. We explicitly encourage proposals that address techniques of relevance to planning and scheduling, even if planning and scheduling is not the main focus of the proposed tutorial. Proposals could target, for example:
- relevant techniques in explainable AI for planning and scheduling;
- techniques that combine reinforcement learning and planning;
- planning and plan execution for multi-robot systems;
- relevant techniques in knowledge representation and reasoning;
- a specific application domain in which planning and scheduling problems arise, or;
- search algorithms or heuristic families.
We encourage tutorials that (i) include a hands-on session that can be completed remotely or asynchronously, allowing participants to experiment with useful tools, or (ii) experiment with algorithmic components, to deepen the participants’ understanding of the topic. We especially welcome tutorials that collaborate with a workshop, such that the tutorial provides some introductory material that can be later discussed at the workshop.
Tutorial Proposal Content and Submission Details
Tutorial submissions should include the tutorial’s title, type (advanced or introductory), summary, outline, and expected length (half-day or quarter-day) as well as a short CV of the proposer(s), including a list of significant publications and/or prior tutorial experience. The proposal should not exceed two pages.
Please submit your tutorial proposals by email, in PDF, to email@example.com with the subject “Tutorial Proposal for ICAPS-23”. Organizers of tutorials will be notified by email about their proposal by the notification deadline. All PDFs must be less than 25 MB in size.
Submission Details and Format
- Email submission deadline: 6 March 2023
- Email your 2-page PDF (plus a brief CV for each proposer) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notification: 20 March 2023
- Tutorials held before ICAPS: 9-10 July 2023
Please direct all questions to the Workshop Program Chairs at email@example.com